This recipe is Keto, however its also perfect for those who are not on keto, but enjoy that warm comfort food feeling. I typically make a side salad with it, or just do the chicken by itself.
Serving Size: 2-3 Time: 40 minutes
-6 Oz Cream Cheese (for keto full fat)
-2 full chicken breasts cut in fourths, or 8 chicken tenders
-1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
-8 Strips regular cut bacon (I prefer hickory smoke)
-1-2 Tbsp Creole Seasoning (if you dont have it on hand its essentially paprika, salt and pepper)
-2 tbsp olive oil (If you’re not keto, and don’t want the extra calories or fat, spraying the pan with cooking spray will work fine)
Directions: Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Cook bacon and set aside, crumble it when ready.
- Put 2 tbsp olive oil (Or cooking spray) and cover the bottom of a casserole dish. I use the glass ones.
- Arrange uncooked chicken breasts or tender next to each other in the pan
- Season with creole seasoning (Paprika, salt, pepper)
- Cut cream cheese into 8 pieces and place them on each tender, or section of chicken breast.
- Add crumbled bacon on top of cream cheese so it covers the chicken
- Cover on top with the cup of cheddar cheese. Make sure it’s covering the chicken. If you’re crazy for cheese sprinkle a little extra on.
- Bake at 400 Degrees for about 20-25 minutes depending on thickness of chicken.
- Enjoy. (: